It all started with a crockpot full of milk.By morning that crockpot of milk turned my curiosity towards yet another way to change my American eating habits. I am always looking for a way to improve what I eat. Lets admit it I am a foodie. I cringe at what some add to their shopping basket. So we have always eaten pretty well here and yet still I find that my crunchy grnola, yet American diet, makes us ill. My Pensylvanian term for this constant illness is gut rot which is the adult equivillant to a babys colic. I fail those sugar addict and yeast problem tests miserably every time and so do my lil birdz. Autism spectrum kids are known for having yest overgrowth issues and so it is no suprise that yeast problems run rampant here. I have tried so many "cures" and meds that my wallet, and husband, beg of me to stop trying all this hokey stuff. I had almost given up and just lived with the yeast. Then I yogued up that first crockpot of milk. Blink went the lightbulb over my head! I could eat a bunch more yogurt this way and man would it be good with that granola I have been making. Hmmmmm what else can I make here turned into me clabboring buttermilk and dashing to the library for books on the subject. Now I am making my own yogurt, coconut milk yogurt,biscuits, breads, porridge and many more recipes are on the horizon. This week I am on the hunt for water kefir grains (hint hint) and I am making lacto fermented blueberry syrup from some local NJ blueberries. So here we go into the wild of another one of mamas crazy foodie rants! Should be a crazy ride lol. Heres my latest version of Cakeinacup for all my TBW friends
4 Tbs flour
4 Tbs Sugar
2 TBS unsweatened cocoa
pinch of baking soda
stir stir stir
2 TBS oil
3 TBS milk
1 TBS cultured buttermilk
1 egg
fistfull of choc chips (I like white choccie chips)
stir stir stir
nuke it for 2mins 3o sec or so in the microwave
yum yum yum.......
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment